This Sunday (May 22) we’ll be having a “learn to race” clinic as part of our usual Sunday racing. Beginner racers are encouraged to come out and try their hand at racing in a friendly, no pressure environment..
- Meet at the club at 10 am
- We’ll spend about 45 minutes going over the basics – the conduct of a race, the “rules of the road” (simple version) , and some tips to help you improve your racing and boat handling skills
- We’ll form teams (or you can take out a Laser) and rig up around 11
- Then we’ll do about four or five ~20 minute races
- We should be wrapping things up around 1:30
- We’ll have a debrief on shore, and order some pizza if folks are interested.
Sound like fun? It will be. Racing small sailboats is a tremendous amount of fun, and there is no better way to improve your sailing skills than to race.
All club members are welcome to participate – you should have your Basic rating completed (or almost completed) to take the helm in the race; anyone can crew.